From October 6, the general public will be able to register to visit the Vendée Globe start village and to obtain a free ticket for an allocated time slot of their choice.
The Vendée Globe start village will be open to the general public free of charge from October 17 to November 8,with access available to the boats and events on offer there, but under two fixed fundamental non-negotiable conditions:
- a reservation of a visit slot via the free ticketing platform is required
- wearing of a mask is mandatory as is compliance with all barrier measures in the village.
1 - Registration and reservation
From Tuesday, October 6, you will be able to register and choose a time slot using the reservation programme accessible from the Vendée Globe website. You can also go to the Tourist Office of the town of Les Sables d'Olonne to proceed with your registration.
You will then be granted a free e-ticket, which will give you access to the Start Village on the day and time you choose. All you need to do is present this e-ticket, printed or on your smartphone directly, in order to access the village.
Please follow all precautions on your arrival at the entry window.
In order not to miss the opening of registrations, you can pre-register to be alerted when the registration module opens.
This booking tool will allow the Vendée Globe Organization to ensure compliance with the maximum capacity set for events open to the public, currently set at a maximum of 5,000 people.
So that everyone can make the most of the village and its activities, we ask you to enjoy them in moderation and visits should not to exceed 3 hours.
2 - Compliance with health protection measures
To safeguard your health, the Vendée Globe has implemented a number of necessary and imperative measures.
- Wearing a mask will be compulsory in the Village, for visitors older than 11 years old, indoors and outdoors, including in queues and on pontoons.
- A compulsory direction of circulation will be set up inside the covered structures and on the pontoons. It will be drawn in such a way that you do not miss any experience.
- Waiting zones will be organized at the three entrances to the village, but also before entering each closed structure.
- A marking on the ground will promote physical distancing.
- Covered spaces will benefit from permanent natural ventilation.
- Hydroalcoholic gel distribution points are installed at various locations in the Village, as well as at the entrance and exit of the pontoons. Sanitary kits will also be on sale at the entrances to the Village.
Thank you all for your understanding and for respecting these instructions, which are designed to safeguard everyone's health and wellbeing !