We place great emphasis on protecting your personal data and ensure compliance with the relevant provisions, in particular with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) n° 2016/679 and the amended Information Technology and Liberties law N°78-17.
For any information about the regulation in force and the exercise of your rights with respect to your personal data protection, we encourage you to visit the National Commission for Information Technology’s website www.cnil.fr.
- your visits on our website,
- the use of the different services offered on our website,
- the use of location-based features (interactive maps/plans of the Vendée Globe village),
- your subscription to the Vendée Globe newsletter and/or news from the Vendée Globe’s partners depending on your choices,
- your subscriptions to notifications and personalized content (content aggregation flow),
- your different contacts and inquiries with the teams in charge of organizing the Vendée Globe race (Executive management, Vendée Globe village ticketing, Communication department, Race management, Press relations and influence strategy, editorial and digital coverage, video production, photo production, website and mobile applications, trademark license and merchandising (Vendée Globe boutique), general coordination of the villages and organizing spaces, commercialization of booth space on the Vendée Globe village, commercialization of hospitality events),
- your registration to access the Vendée Globe village,
- your participations in our prize-contests.
Personal data collected on our website is processed by :
Société Anonyme d'Économie Mixte (SAEM)
Capital : 3.000.000 €
Registration RCS : number 451 518 641 B RCS de la Roche sur Yon
Headoffice : 40 Rue du Maréchal Foch - 85923 La Roche sur Yon Cedex 9 - Phone. : +33 (0)2 51 44 91 07 - Fax : +33 (0)2 51 62 36 73 - E-mail : email@example.com
As data processor, the SAEM Vendée defines the purpose, the means and how your personal data is used.
Types of data collected
You may need to communicate your personal data directly when using certain services of our website, in particular when filling in a form for :
- a subscription to the Vendée Globe newsletter and/or news from the Vendée Globe’s partners depending on your choices
- different contacts and inquiries with the teams in charge of organizing the Vendée Globe race (Executive management, Vendée Globe village ticketing, Communication department, Race management, Press relations and influence strategy, editorial and digital coverage, video production, photo production, website and mobile applications, trademark license and merchandising (Vendée Globe boutique), general coordination of the villages and organizing spaces, commercialization of booth space on the Vendée Globe village, commercialization of hospitality events),
- a registration to access the Vendée Globe village,
- a participation in one of our prize-contests.
Personal data that you must absolutely fill in on these forms are marked with an asterix (*). Without this information, we won’t be in capacity to register your request and follow it up.
If you exercise your right to object to the processing of your personal data before having received feedback from us, we will not be able to grant your requests of any nature.
Personal information which you communicate to us when using certain services of our Internet website can concern, in particular :
- your identity (first name and family name),
- your date of birth,
- your gender,
- your place of residence (city and/or postal address),
- your e-mail address,
- your phone number(s)
- your GPS localization.
When visiting our website, the browser of your computer terminal automatically sends some data that we are likely to collect and save. This data can concern in particular :
- the IP address, the characteristics of the operating system, of the browser or devices (computer, tablet, smartphone) that you’re using to access our website,
- your clickstream and interactions with the content of our website, such as the website/application from which the access is operated, the pages visited, the date, time and duration of your visits, the volume of data transferred, the search keywords used, the frequency of your visits.
The categories of cookies that we use on our website and their purposes are the following :
- Cookies required to provide services or information that you request (videos, interactive maps/plans of the Vendée Globe village, notifications and personalized content, …),
- Cookies to measure web audience for compiling anonymous statistics,• Cookies to track and personalize your clickstream (analysis and optimization of clickstream)
You can also set your browser so as to refuse or accept cookies as a whole or depending on their purpose, and change your choices at any one time.
We draw your attention on the fact that if you block cookies entirely or partially you will not be able to use all our features or visit all the pages of our website.
For further information on using, managing and removing cookies on any type of browser, we invite you to consult the following link : https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-les-outils-pour-les-maitriser.
Utilization of data
We collect and process personal information mainly for the following purposes :
- to give you access to certain services and features of our website (videos, geolocation, …);
- to produce internal statistic on the utilization of our website ;
- to optimise the running and services of our website ;
- to personalize the user experience on our website in order to meet your individual needs ;
- to maintain the security of our website and prevent fraud ;
- process your contacts and inquiries with the teams in charge of organizing the Vendée Globe
- to send you by email the Vendée Globe’s newsletter and/or news from the Vendée Globe’s partners depending on your choices;
- to supply you with notifications and personalized content that you have expressly requested ;
- to manage your visit on the Vendée Globe Village (registrations, sending of electronic tickets, dissemination of information about the evolution of the sanitary measures applicable on the Vendée Globe village or of a potential cancellation of your registration depending on the evolution of the sanitary and regulatory contexts) ;
- to administer your participation in our prize-contests ;
- to ensure observance of law and judicial decisions.
Data retention period
Generally speaking we retain your personal data as long as necessary to achieve the operations for which they have been collected or if we have a legitimate interest in retaining them beyond this period.
The retention periods for data collected are the following :
- data relating to contacts and inquiries toward the teams in charge of organizing the Vendée Globe, subscription(s) to the Vendée Globe newsletter and/or news from the Vendée Globe’s partners, notifications and personalized content, registration(s) to access the Vendée Globe village, participation(s) in our prize-contests is retained for a maximum period of 3 years as of the last contact that you have initiated or as of your last activity.
- data relating to identity documents that you transfer us are retained for a maximum period of 12 months.
- Data collected automatically with cookies, including those pertaining to clickstream, are retained for a maximum period of 13 months.
At the end of the aforementioned time limits, some of your personal data is likely to be archived with restricted access in order to comply with our legal, accounting and fiscal obligations and/or during the applicable limitation period and/or in the event of litigation for the duration of those proceedings. After this retention period which complies with legal obligations, your personal data will be definitively deleted.
Your personal data is intended for us as data officer.
Within our company, data which concerns you are accessible only to authorized personnel for the purpose of achieving the assignments given to them. The latter are subject to observance of strict confidentiality concerning information they would be required to know in the context of their professional duties.
We guarantee that your personal data shall not be communicated to third-parties for marketing purposes, unless expressly agreed by you, and shall by no means be sold, rented, exchanged, transferred or given free of charge to another company.
In accordance with legislation in force, your personal data can be communicated to French or foreign authorities duly authorized, notably in the context of legal proceedings or of a request for information.
Legal grounds for data processing
In accordance with legislation in force, we only collect and process your personal data if at least one of the following conditions is met :
- your prior express consent to the processing operations
- the performance of the contrat(s) that bind(s) us
- the obligation to comply with a legal obligation
- the purpose of our legitimate interest or that of a third-party.
Your rights with regard to the utilization of personal data
In accordance with the regulation in force concerning personal data protection, you can exercise at any one time the following rights with regard to the information which concerns you :
- access to your personal data,
- rectification of your personal data,
- erasure of your personal data,
- restriction of your personal data processing,
- objection to your personal data processing,
- withdrawal of your consent to personal data processing,
- portability of your personal data
- post-mortem provisions regarding the managing of your data.
You can exercise all of these rights, at any given moment, by contacting us by postal or electronic mail, at the following address : SAEM Vendée - 40 Rue du Maréchal Foch - 85923 LA ROCHE SUR YON Cedex 9 - firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to follow up your request, we may need to ask you for additional information justifying your identity.
You have the possibility to withdraw at any time the consent given to receive the Vendée Globe’s newsletter and/or news from the Vendée Globe’s partners by using the “unsubscribe” link included in each message sent to you.
If you consider that your rights have not been respected, you can, at any one time, file a complaint to the competent authority of data protection, without prejudice to other existing administrative or judicial recourses. The relevant data protection supervisory authority for France is the National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties (CNIL) - 3 place de Fontenoy - 75007 Paris - www.cnil.fr.
International data transfers
Security measures implemented for data protection
We are committed to ensuring the security of the personal data that you entrust to us. In this regard, we take all the necessary measures, physical, logical, administrative or organizational, to preserve the integrity and reliability of this data and prevent its alteration, destruction or access by non-authorized third-parties.
We may need to entrust all or part of your personal data processing to third-party subcontractors in the context of service providing activities. These providers are contractually obliged to guarantee the protection and confidentiality of the data concerning you and for this purpose commit to implementing all adequate security measures.
Websites belonging to third-parties
We shall by no means be held liable assuming that the practices of one of the third-party’s websites contravene the applicable legal provisions with regard to personal data protection.