After the resounding success of the 9th edition, the Vendée Globe and Virtual Regatta have jointly launched the Vendée Globe eSeries, a real e-training for the Vendée Globe 2024.
The second stage, "the Vendée Globe Antarctic eSeries", will start this Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 6 pm.
The Vendée Globe eSeries is aimed at all fans of the Vendée Globe who want to get back to their sensations, challenge their friends and family, and even take their revenge!
Everyone can measure themselves against the skippers of the IMOCA Class, but also against the whole community of e-Sailors, to prepare for the 2024 edition of the e-Vendée Globe!
The first stage, the Vendée Globe Atlantic eSeries started on October 10th, 2021 and was won by "vrzen.org-MAR" in 23 days 7 hours and 32 minutes.
To register for this second leg, nothing could be easier :
- Go to www.virtualregatta.com
- Or download the Virtual Regatta application on Apple Store or Google Playstore.
Registration opens at 6:00 pm this Monday, September 12.
The Vendée Globe e-series
The Vendée Globe e-series is a simulation of the mythical round-the-world sailing race in 3 legs, with a departure from Vendée, a descent of the Atlantic, passing the 3 mythical capes before returning to Les Sables d'Olonne, the race's home port.
The course is faithful to the official route of the Vendée Globe and is divided into three stages:
- 2021 - Vendée Globe Atlantic eSeries: from Sables d'Olonne to the Cape of Good Hope
- 2022 - Vendée Globe Antarctic eSeries: from the Cape of Good Hope to Cape Horn
- 2023 - Vendée Globe Atlantic Wayback eSeries: from Cape Horn to Sables d'Olonne